Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by David Moss <da...@sunnybar.dynip.com> on 2012/01/19 15:50:25 UTC

2.3 and Listserver

I¹m about ready to give up. I have James 2.3.2 running under Solaris, and
I¹ve been successfully serving up mail to a couple of users for years. Now I
want to run a list server. Trouble is, none of the configurations on the
Wiki seem to work. Not only that, but there seems to be some config files
referenced by the config.xml that aren¹t in the documentation at all.
I¹ve tried uncommenting

<!-- &listserverConfig; -->

And I¹ve tried inserting :

  <mailet match="CommandForListserv=list-test@sunnybar.dynip.com"
          class="AvalonListservManager">
    <repositoryName>list-test</repositoryName>
  </mailet>

  <mailet match="RecipientIs=list-name@domain" class="AvalonListserv">
    <repositoryName>list-test</repositoryName>
  </mailet>

But anything that invokes AvalonListservManager seems to kill James on
startup.

Does anyone have any documentation on how to get a Listserver working with
2.3.2?

Re: 2.3 and Listserver

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I remember other similar question on this mailing list, and answers
stating that it was not enough documented/tested.

Listserver has been removed (temporary) in 3.0.

Thx,

Eric