Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net> on 2011/07/12 14:27:25 UTC

Directory listing

You know how IIS and httpd can be configured to let you simply get a
directory listing in your browser?  Can that be done simply with TC (any
version), or do I need to fake it with a java.io.File object and create
the listing display in code?

RE: Directory listing

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
> Subject: Directory listing

> Can that be done simply with TC (any version), or do I
> need to fake it with a java.io.File object and create
> the listing display in code?

Look at the <listings> element for the DefaultServlet config in conf/web.xml.

 - Chuck

Re: Directory listing

Posted by Jesse Farinacci <ji...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 8:27 AM, David kerber <dc...@verizon.net> wrote:
> You know how IIS and httpd can be configured to let you simply get a
> directory listing in your browser?  Can that be done simply with TC (any
> version), or do I need to fake it with a java.io.File object and create the
> listing display in code?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/servlets/DefaultServlet.html#listings

-Jesse