Posted to mirrors@apache.org by ho...@publicshout.org on 2004/04/05 18:11:00 UTC

another italian mirror

hello people

I noticed there's only one apache mirror in Italy.
I have surplus of bandwidth so I setup another
mirror to help them.

it's at
http://mirrors.publicshout.org/apache/

location is Milan, Italy

the server is on a fiber optic link with an approximate
bandwith of 10Mbps (symm). Apache mirror has
availability for at most 1Mbps at the moment. We'll extend
if needed.

The server is setup to update 3 times a day, with rsync as
pointed out on how-to-mirror.html.

I don't care logos or links to the homepage, but if you need
a reference please link http://www.publicshout.org .

You can use the address i'm writing from as official contact.

bye

michele

Re: another italian mirror

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 hostmaster@publicshout.org wrote:

> hello people
>
> I noticed there's only one apache mirror in Italy.
> I have surplus of bandwidth so I setup another
> mirror to help them.
>
> it's at
> http://mirrors.publicshout.org/apache/

Thanks.  This will be in the next update.

Joshua.

Re: another italian mirror

Posted by Mij <mi...@bitchx.it>.
Il giorno 06/apr/04, alle 03:13, Erik Abele ha scritto:

> Okay, looks mostly good but can you please have another look at the
> recommended configuration at
> http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html. Especially the
> IndexOptions and the AllowOverride directives seems to be not set as
> requested.

what's wrong with them? The pages look ok to me.
That's the config entry here

         <Directory /var/www/apache/mirrors/apache>
                 IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst \
                         ScanHTMLTitles DescriptionWidth=*
                 HeaderName HEADER.html
                 ReadmeName README.html
                 AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes
                 Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
         </Directory>

bye

Re: another italian mirror

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 05.04.2004, at 18:11, hostmaster@publicshout.org wrote:

> hello people
>
> I noticed there's only one apache mirror in Italy.
> I have surplus of bandwidth so I setup another
> mirror to help them.

Great!

> it's at
> http://mirrors.publicshout.org/apache/
>
> location is Milan, Italy
>
> the server is on a fiber optic link with an approximate
> bandwith of 10Mbps (symm). Apache mirror has
> availability for at most 1Mbps at the moment. We'll extend
> if needed.

Usually we 'recommend' a 100Mbps pipe to your country and a 10Mbps pipe
to other countries, but well, this is better than nothing :)

> The server is setup to update 3 times a day, with rsync as
> pointed out on how-to-mirror.html.
>
> I don't care logos or links to the homepage, but if you need
> a reference please link http://www.publicshout.org .
>
> You can use the address i'm writing from as official contact.

Okay, looks mostly good but can you please have another look at the
recommended configuration at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html. Especially the
IndexOptions and the AllowOverride directives seems to be not set as
requested.

Thanks for your efforts!

Cheers,
Erik