Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/11 18:39:56 UTC

Help with MMapDirectoryFactory in 3.5

 I am using Solr 3.5.

I noticed in solrconfig.xml:

<directoryFactory name="DirectoryFactory"
class="${solr.directoryFactory:solr.StandardDirectoryFactory}"/>

I don't see this parameter taking.. When I set
-Dsolr.directoryFactory=solr.MMapDirectoryFactory

How do I see the setting in the log or in stats.jsp ? I cannot find a place
that indicates it is set or not.

I would assume StandardDirectoryFactory is being used but I do see (when I
set it or NOT set it)

ame:  searcher  class:  org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher  version:
main
caching :  true
numDocs :  2121163
maxDoc :  2121163
reader :
SolrIndexReader{this=1867ec28,r=ReadOnlyDirectoryReader@1867ec28,refCnt=1,se
gments=1}
readerDir :
org.apache.lucene.store.MMapDirectory@C:\solr\jetty\example\solr\providersea
rch\data\index
lockFactory=org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory@45c1cfc1
indexVersion :  1324594650551
openedAt :  Sat Feb 11 09:49:31 MST 2012
registeredAt :  Sat Feb 11 09:49:31 MST 2012
warmupTime :  0

Also, how do I set unman and what is the purpose of chunk size?

Re: Help with MMapDirectoryFactory in 3.5

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: How do I see the setting in the log or in stats.jsp ? I cannot find a place
: that indicates it is set or not.

I don't think the DirectoryFactory plugin hook was ever setup so that it
can report it's info/stats ... it doesn't look like it implements
SOlrInfoMBean, so it can't really report anything about itself.

: I would assume StandardDirectoryFactory is being used but I do see (when I
: set it or NOT set it)
: readerDir :
: org.apache.lucene.store.MMapDirectory@C:\solr\jetty\example\solr\providersea
: rch\data\index

this is because StandardDirectoryFactory uses FSDirectory .. if you check
out those docs you'll see...

http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_5_0/api/all/org/apache/lucene/store/FSDirectory.html#open%28java.io.File%29

>> Currently this returns MMapDirectory for most Solaris and Windows
>> 64-bit JREs, NIOFSDirectory for other non-Windows JREs, and
>> SimpleFSDirectory for other JREs on Windows.

-Hoss

Re: Help with MMapDirectoryFactory in 3.5