Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 02:49:25 UTC

Re: @author tags

I agree as well.  There's something a little nice about
@author tags as a way of giving credit to the people
who aren't the obvious people on a project.  But they're
rarely kept up to date, and the implication of ownership
is not very OSS-friendly.

-- Adam

Re: @author tags

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
to be honest;in an open source  development, we all don't really like
to be bothered by something. We all are free to do what ever we want.
nobody of us want sb. to be his dev. leader. what we've done so far is
good. it is all up to US!!!

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: @author tags

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
also, the contrib. file, martin proposed is a good thing

-M

Re: @author tags

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Re: @author tags

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: @author tags

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: @author tags

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On 3/1/07, Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm +0 about it. I think it's nice to know who wrote a piece of code before
> you modify it, so you can ask a quick question to the author. The main

that quick question, really belongs to the mailing list.

> example I can find in Trinidad is the use of Hashtable and Vector every now
> and then, was it because of the old 1.2 codebase or was synchronization
> required? A simple mail to the author would have answered that question.
> Then again, I can see Craig's point as well as ASF concerns. The best
> compromise I can find is maintaining a history of changes in the Javadoc
> with the author names, but I really don't think many of us (starting with
> me) will have the patience to keep such a thing up-to-date, hence the +0.

Well, for now, I'll create an issue in jira to make sure that we will remove
these tags.

-M

Re: @author tags

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.