Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com> on 2011/08/30 00:55:37 UTC

HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH

I assume  you need to set HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH  to the jars that contain  custom Input/OutputFormats/Serdes..

I did export HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH to point to the correct dir containing the jars and then ran hive .    My custom class doesnt seem to be available when I  create a table using these classes . I get a class not found error .  What am I missing here ?

Sam William
sampd@stumbleupon.com

Re: HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH

Posted by Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com>.
Please ignore my mail.  Seems like the site specific  hive-env.sh was overriding the env variable ..Its working now .

Thanks,
Sam
On Aug 29, 2011, at 4:28 PM, Aggarwal, Vaibhav wrote:

> You need to point to the exact jar file location and not just the directory location.
>
> Vaibhav

Sam William
sampd@stumbleupon.com

RE: HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH