Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ma...@McAfee.com on 2014/02/20 08:46:04 UTC

Can jasper2's "validateXml" be added back, at least for the lifetime of Tomcat 7?

Hi everyone,

My project recently tried upgrading to Tomcat 7.0.52 and has become bit by the renaming of jasper2’s “validateXml” to “validateTld”, as described on the thread below.  This change has made it more difficult pick up the latest Tomcat 7’s security fixes since the change breaks build scripts for quite a few projects maintained by different teams.

Would it be possible to add back support for “validateXml” as part of the next minor release of Tomcat 7, as more or less described by Mark Thomas on that thread?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/201401.mbox/%3Ccd84922d-b159-49bd-9c11-6aaa5cb973da@email.android.com%3E

This would save us a lot of effort, and we would then plan on switching to the new attribute name as part of adopting Tomcat 8.

Thank you for any assistance on this!

Sincerely,

Mark DeSpain

Re: Can jasper2's "validateXml" be added back, at least for the lifetime of Tomcat 7?

Posted by Ma...@McAfee.com.
Got it.  Much appreciated!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.