Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Karen Schaper <ka...@danzas.com> on 2002/04/12 16:32:49 UTC

weblogic 6.1 and schema validations

Hi All,

I am using weblogic 6.1 sp2 which includes xerces 1.3.1.

I am trying to do XML Schema validation.  It always gives the

error from ErrorHandler:  "Element type must be declared".

I have been able to use a dtd for validation and also the following xml
validated successfully when using xmlspy.

I cannot upgrade to a different version of xerces because of limitations
with weblogic.

I used the following very simple xml and xsd for validations

XML:

<shipOrder xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="D:\PROJECTS\marketlink\src\com\danzas\mar
ketlink\Testing\Shipping.xsd"/>

SCHEMA:

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

            <xsd:element name="shipOrder"/>

</xsd:schema>

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Karen