Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by xi...@sky-data.cn on 2018/04/13 02:30:36 UTC

question about service both has master and client

Hi!

I define a custom service which include master and client.

In master script, it has install/status/configuare/start/stop function.

In client script, it only has *install* function.

For A node, i install master, and for B node, i install client.

I install and stop as expected, but when exec "restart all" from web,

A node restart as usual, but B node exec *install* function.

In my thought, "restart all" should work like "stop" which only work for master/slave node.

Is is a bug or someting import i had missed?

Best Wishes

Re: question about service both has master and client

Posted by xi...@sky-data.cn.
By the way, i found that if install master and client on same node, the client would at "STARTED" status, and can not exec "restart all" successfully.

Restart all = stop, re-install client, start non-client components
Stop then start is just what it indicates.

--
戴翔
南京天数信息科技有限公司

Re: question about service both has master and client

Posted by Di Li <os...@gmail.com>.