Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Paula Lago <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/06 00:49:28 UTC

Long connections to cassandra

Hi,
I have a program that recolects a lot of information and is kept running
over long time periods (various days) so the connection to the database are
kept open for this long. I'm experiencing falls in cassandra (the server
stops) and I wanted to know if it could be due to this long connections.

Thank you

--
__
Paula Andrea Lago

Re: Long connections to cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
No.  You should be looking for errors in the server logs or hs_err_pid
log files (which would indicate a JVM crash).

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra