Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Dan Harth <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/30 19:02:03 UTC

ReDeploy of war file using ANT - Jetspeed2.1-MultiDB-install.jar

ReDeploy of war file using ANT - Jetspeed2.1-MultiDB-install.jar

I am able to initially move a myApp.war file into
<CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy  the
first time and the new Portlet application works fine and deploys ok.

On subsequent redeploys of the updated myApp.war file (method: copying
updated file to the Jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy) the existing Portlet
application does not always deploy correctly.  Jetspeed displays;
1) that the myApp Web Content is stop, when in fact Tomcat shows that the
myApp context is started

If I move the same war file many times, and maybe stop TOMCAT a couple of
times then jetSpeed might restart the myApp application internally, and then
I am able to use the Myapp portlets?.

Sometimes I have to stop Tomcat 2 or 3 times and move the myApp.war file
many times, or actually delete the myApp application from jetspeed
Administration PAM (this is the only feature that works in PAM, stop, start
and undeploy comes back with <-HTML> indicating some type of authorization
is needed?)

Is there any reason I can't just copy an updated *.war file and jetspeed
will redeploy?  What am I doing wrong?

Re: ReDeploy of war file using ANT - Jetspeed2.1-MultiDB-install.jar

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jan 30, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Dan Harth wrote:

> ReDeploy of war file using ANT - Jetspeed2.1-MultiDB-install.jar
>
> I am able to initially move a myApp.war file into
> <CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy  the
> first time and the new Portlet application works fine and deploys ok.
>
> On subsequent redeploys of the updated myApp.war file (method: copying
> updated file to the Jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy) the existing Portlet
> application does not always deploy correctly.  Jetspeed displays;
> 1) that the myApp Web Content is stop, when in fact Tomcat shows
> that the
> myApp context is started
>
> If I move the same war file many times, and maybe stop TOMCAT a
> couple of
> times then jetSpeed might restart the myApp application internally,
> and then
> I am able to use the Myapp portlets?.
>
> Sometimes I have to stop Tomcat 2 or 3 times and move the myApp.war
> file
> many times, or actually delete the myApp application from jetspeed
> Administration PAM (this is the only feature that works in PAM,
> stop, start
> and undeploy comes back with <-HTML> indicating some type of
> authorization
> is needed?)
>
> Is there any reason I can't just copy an updated *.war file and
> jetspeed
> will redeploy?  What am I doing wrong?

I have seen problems like this too
If you search the list on antiJARLocking you may find a solution

Tomcat has a conf/context.xml file:

<Context antiJARLocking="true">

I think this problem mostly occurs on Windows