Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bram Biesbrouck <b...@beligum.org> on 2006/05/12 16:21:04 UTC

Axis2 security flaw?

Hi all,

When I deploy axis2.war in Tomcat, the file

/var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/conf/axis2.xml
(where the admin-pass is stored)

is readable by all users on the system.
I'm using Debian sarge (stable).

Am I missing something or is this a serious security issue?

Bram

Re: Axis2 security flaw?

Posted by Bram Biesbrouck <b...@beligum.org>.
In this light:

chmodding the whole axis2 directory to 600 isn't a good practice, since it
must remain accessible (chmod -x to a directory prevents access).

Is it sufficient to chmod conf/axis.xml to read-only, or are there other files
that must be protected?

Bram

Re: Axis2 security flaw?

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.