Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "Broderick, Andrew" <An...@monster.com> on 2008/02/12 18:31:08 UTC

Couldn't lookup current database version - maybe related to user registration error

Sorry for all the messages, but I am getting another error that is
probably causing, or related to, the user registration one:

ERROR 2008-02-12 11:11:51,440 DatabaseInstaller:getDatabaseVersion -
Couldn't lookup current database version
java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
	at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.DatabaseInstaller.getDataba
seVersion(DatabaseInstaller.java:1169)
	at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.DatabaseInstaller.isUpgrade
Required(DatabaseInstaller.java:99)
	at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(We
bloggerStartup.java:201)

As I mentioned, my DB is Oracle 10g XE. It can connect, and managed to
run the create table scripts. All the tables appear to be there, and I
am not getting a connection error. Any ideas?

Thanks

NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. (FE1)

Re: Couldn't lookup current database version - maybe related to user registration error

Posted by Simon Haslam <si...@yahoo.co.uk>.
--- Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com> wrote:
> Add the following line to it:
> hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect
>
> Hi Dave,
> Is there an error in the Install Guide:
> # If you are using the Hibernate backend (deprecated as of Roller 4.0),
> # you MUST override this to use a database other than MySQL4
> hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect

I've also got this in my roller-custom.properties too (as I think Gabe suggested):
openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary=oracle

-Simon

Re: Couldn't lookup current database version - maybe related to user registration error

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
NEW! 8.0 - Centrally manage multiple physical servers

RE: Couldn't lookup current database version - maybe related to user registration error

> Sorry for all the messages, but I am getting another error that is
> probably causing, or related to, the user registration one:
>
> ERROR 2008-02-12 11:11:51,440 DatabaseInstaller:getDatabaseVersion -
> Couldn't lookup current database version
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
> 	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:415)

Could you share your roller-custom.properties file with us?

Posted by Gabe Wong <ga...@ngasi.com>.