Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pranaya Behera <pr...@igp.com> on 2016/08/23 10:49:04 UTC

SolrCore is loading in the middle of indexing.

Hi,
     In the middle of indexing solrcore gets reloaded and causing 503
error. Here is the stack trace of the issue.

[main] ERROR org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient - Request
to collection product failed due to (503)
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:
Error from server at http://x.x.x.x:8983/solr/product_shard3_replica1:
Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
<head>
<title>Error 503
{metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
is loading,code=503}</title>
</head>
<pre>
{metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
is loading,code=503}</pre></p>
, retry? 0
[main] ERROR com.igp.solrindex.ProductIndex - Exception is
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient$RouteException: Error
from server at http://10.0.2.6:8983/solr/product_shard3_replica1:
Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
<head>
<title>Error 503
{metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
is loading,code=503}</title>
</head>
<pre>
{metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
is loading,code=503}</pre></p>

     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.directUpdate(CloudSolrClient.java:697)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.sendRequest(CloudSolrClient.java:1109)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.requestWithRetryOnStaleState(CloudSolrClient.java:998)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.request(CloudSolrClient.java:934)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrRequest.process(SolrRequest.java:149)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.add(SolrClient.java:106)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.add(SolrClient.java:71)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.add(SolrClient.java:85)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at com.igp.solrindex.ProductIndex.index(ProductIndex.java:225)
[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at com.igp.solrindex.App.main(App.java:17)
[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
Caused by:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:
Error from server at http://x.x.x.x:8983/solr/product_shard3_replica1:
Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
<head>
<title>Error 503
{metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
is loading,code=503}</title>
</head>
<pre>
{metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
is loading,code=503}</pre></p>

     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:558)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:259)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:248)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBHttpSolrClient.doRequest(LBHttpSolrClient.java:404)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBHttpSolrClient.request(LBHttpSolrClient.java:357)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClient.lambda$directUpdate$14(CloudSolrClient.java:674)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
~[?:1.8.0_91]
     at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$22(ExecutorUtil.java:229)
~[solrindex-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
     at
~[?:1.8.0_91]
     at
~[?:1.8.0_91]
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ~[?:1.8.0_91]

By raising this issue the indexing never completes.
What could be the issue here for the mime type and the core loading.
I am using 6.1.0 with sorlcloud in 3 instances with 3 zookeeper in each
instance.

Re: SolrCore is loading in the middle of indexing.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/23/2016 4:49 AM, Pranaya Behera wrote:
>     In the middle of indexing solrcore gets reloaded and causing 503
> error. Here is the stack trace of the issue.
<snip>
> <title>Error 503
> {metadata={error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException,root-error-class=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException},msg=SolrCore
> is loading,code=503}</title>
<snip>
> By raising this issue the indexing never completes.
> What could be the issue here for the mime type and the core loading.
> I am using 6.1.0 with sorlcloud in 3 instances with 3 zookeeper in
> each instance.

Core reloads don't just happen.  Something is requesting the reload.

If you are using options like the Managed Schema API, that can cause a
core reload, because a reload is necessary in order for a modified
config/schema to become active.

I've checked the update processor used by the data-driven example config
to modify the schema during indexing when unknown fields are
encountered.  I did not see anything in that code that would cause a
reload, which makes sense, because a core reload in the middle of
indexing is a bad thing.  Somebody would have noticed that, and we would
have fixed it.

There is some code or perhaps a person making a request that results in
a core or collection reload.  A bug in Solr is *possible*, but I don't
think that's the problem here.

Another possibility is that one of your SolrCloud instances is getting
completely restarted ... but I think if that were happening, you'd
probably know about it.

Thanks,
Shawn