Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/05/27 00:03:05 UTC

Re: svn commit: r541940 - /lucene/solr/trunk/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml

:           &amp; separated key=val pairs ... but there shouldn't be any
:           URL escaping of the values -->
:      <pingQuery>
: -     qt=dismax&amp;q=solr&amp;start=3&amp;fq=id:[* TO *]&amp;fq=cat:[* TO *]
: +     qt=standard&amp;q=solrpingquery
:      </pingQuery>

FYI: the old query was as complex as it was to try and make clear the "no
URL escaping" aspect of how it (unfortunately) needs to be written. (hence
the white spaces and "*" charaters).

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r541940 - /lucene/solr/trunk/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: > FYI: the old query was as complex as it was to try and make clear the "no
: > URL escaping" aspect of how it (unfortunately) needs to be written. (hence
: > the white spaces and "*" charaters).
:
: Can we move the complex example into the comments?

I suppose, or just toss the fq=id:[* TO *] back in .. if anyone changes
their schema enough to get rid of the id field *and* cares about the ping
query, i think it's fair to assume they've read the solrconfig.xml in
depth enough to see that they can/should change it.

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r541940 - /lucene/solr/trunk/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 5/26/07, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:

> :           &amp; separated key=val pairs ... but there shouldn't be any
> :           URL escaping of the values -->
> :      <pingQuery>
> : -     qt=dismax&amp;q=solr&amp;start=3&amp;fq=id:[* TO *]&amp;fq=cat:[* TO *]
> : +     qt=standard&amp;q=solrpingquery
> :      </pingQuery>
>
> FYI: the old query was as complex as it was to try and make clear the "no
> URL escaping" aspect of how it (unfortunately) needs to be written. (hence
> the white spaces and "*" charaters).

Can we move the complex example into the comments?

-Yonik