Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eugene <j....@infosatgeomatica.com> on 2004/09/04 06:26:32 UTC

java.io.UTFDataFormatException

Hi, guys! I've discovered that this exception directly depends from
cuantity of retrieved data! If my request doesnt contains so much
information - servlet returns right generated page with any content
(we are using Spanish and English in this case). My cuestion is: how possibly
depends this exception from language used in project and what the
possible cause(s)? Give me some tips, please!

--
Best regards,
 Eugene                            mailto:j.subscribe@infosatgeomatica.com

java.io.UTFDataFormatException

Posted by Eugene <j....@infosatgeomatica.com>.
I am posting this twice again:) I found my own message about this case
in mail archive where Jacob Kjome wrote:

> Is the error happening on the loading of the XML and/or XSLT documents you are loading? I used
> to use Ultraedit as my text editor, but found it sporadically added invalid characters in the
> first few characters of the doc which would cause weird exceptions upon loading the document.
> And I couldn't see the invalid character under Ultraedit, but could under JEdit. As such,
> I now use JEdit as it always saves my files properly. Might a similar issue be happening
> in your case?

> Jake

I know about these characters and that what I hope to find, but no, I know this document
from start to the end, I've used UltraEdit, then I've tryed EmEditor
Pro, PerlWiz etc. I didnt find nothing, it returns error just in case
if I'm trying generate big data table (result HTML about 16> Kb of
text). In other cases all works fine. Besides this XSLT worked in JBoss
3.2.3 and Tomcat 4.1.27 - since then I didnt change anything now I
want to restore this configuration, but I dont have installers. I've
tryed with Tomcat 4.1.29, 5.0.27, 5.0.28 and with different versions
of Xerces - from 2.5.2 to 2.6.0 - same result. I will try to make
completely new template - then we will see... Still hope thats my
mistake.

Sorry for a delay - I had a problems with my mail.

Thanks for reply!