Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Phillip Morelock <su...@phillipmorelock.com> on 2002/06/06 08:01:33 UTC

Re: no notification when incorrect classes are specified in web.xml

Servlets etc are not loaded until needed.  This is specified behavior, IIRC.
Maybe not, but for some reason I seem to recall that there's a reason behind
this.  Maybe it's just the simple resource usage argument.

To work around it (for example, during development), add a load-on-startup
tag to each.

fillup