Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/31 11:15:34 UTC

[ANN][NEETHI] Apache Neethi 2.0.2 Released

Greetings,

The Apache Neethi team is proud to announce the release of Apache
Neethi 2.0.2 version.

Apache Neethi provides general framework for the programmers to use WS
Policy. It is compliant with latest WS Policy specification which was
published in March 2006. This framework is specifically written to
enable the Apache Web services stack to use WS Policy as a way of
expressing it's requirements and capabilities.

Feature List:
- - ----------------

Adhere the latest WS-Policy 1.2 specification
see: http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy/ws-policy.pdf

Provides a convenient API to access and process Policies

Provides an extension model where custom serialization,
de-serialization of assertion can be supported.
see:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/rampart/trunk/java/modules/rampart-policy/

Provides a mechanism where domain specific types can be used assertion
within the generic framework.

Provides more control to the assertion authors to control behavior of the
assertions they implement.

What is new in this release:
- - -----------------------------------
Contains a fix that guarantee proper normalization of
<PolicyReference> elements.

You can download the source and binary distributions from the
following mirrors.

Mirrors: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/commons/neethi/2_0_2/

Please use our backup site if the mirrors are not yet updated.

Backup: http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/commons/neethi/2_0_2/

Pleas feel free to send any feedback to our mailing list
commons-dev@ws.apache.org <ma...@ws.apache.org>
(preferably with [NEETHI] prefix).

Visit our website at: http://ws.apache.org/commons/neethi/index.html
for further information.