Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by "Bisson, Jonathan" <bj...@uic.edu> on 2017/11/06 03:31:25 UTC

Corrections on the RDF tutorial

Hello,

Doing the RDF tutorial I noticed that some outputs are not the same (I
sent two corrections with the anonymous CMS already).

I get an output such as:
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://somewhere/JohnSmith">
    <vcard:N rdf:parseType="Resource">
      <vcard:Family>Smith</vcard:Family>
      <vcard:Given>John</vcard:Given>
    </vcard:N>
    <vcard:FN>John Smith</vcard:FN>
  </rdf:Description>

when following the tutorial. Did anything change recently in Jena and
the tutorial doesn't reflect it?

(I'm using Jena 3.5.0)

J.

Re: Corrections on the RDF tutorial

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 06/11/17 03:31, Bisson, Jonathan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Doing the RDF tutorial I noticed that some outputs are not the same (I
> sent two corrections with the anonymous CMS already).

Thank you!

> I get an output such as:
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://somewhere/JohnSmith">
>      <vcard:N rdf:parseType="Resource">
>        <vcard:Family>Smith</vcard:Family>
>        <vcard:Given>John</vcard:Given>
>      </vcard:N>
>      <vcard:FN>John Smith</vcard:FN>
>    </rdf:Description>
>
> when following the tutorial. Did anything change recently in Jena and
> the tutorial doesn't reflect it?

Yes.

The output for model.write() and model.write(,"RDF/XML") changed to
default to pretty output when used with all the jars loaded (i.e. it
rewires to go via RIOT).

And questions about ugly RDF/XML have dropped off!

(Hmm - https://jena.apache.org/documentation/io/rdf-output.html#rdfxml -
needs fixing)

(Maybe we should put in "RDF/XML-PLAIN" - it can be done with
RDFDataMgr.write(,RDFFormat.RDFXML_PLAIN).)

     Andy