Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Graham TerMarsch <mo...@howlingfrog.com> on 2007/09/28 20:44:47 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Apache2-Filter-Minifier-CSS/JavaScript 1.03

I've just rolled new 1.03 releases of both:
	Apache2::Filter::Minifier::CSS
	Apache2::Filter::Minifier::JavaScript

Changes since previous release:

- Fixed "Content-Type" filtering so that it now properly handles cases where
the C-T header may have additional attributes (e.g. "charset=...")

- Rewrote build scripts so they now abort early if they detect that you don't
have Apache::Test installed.  Its a -configuration- requirement, and if you
don't have it when you run "perl Build.PL" or "perl Makefile.PL" then test
suites never get set up properly.

For those who followed my posts regarding CPAN Testers, this release addresses
the problem of CPANPLUS filing bogus CPAN Testers reports when the
configuration requirements aren't met properly.  Its not pretty, but it
works.

I'm told that one day CPAN(PLUS) et al. will support a "configure_requires"
directive in META.yml that'll take care of this for us, but until that
happens its something we've got to watch out for ourselves.

--
Graham TerMarsch
Howling Frog Internet Development, Inc.