Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jonathan Carlson <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/06 18:06:58 UTC

Re: [HttpClient] SocketException handling

I noticed that in HttpConnection#writeLine SocketException
is caught and rethrown as an HttpRecoverableException.  I'm
wondering if it was an oversight that #readLine doesn't do
this as well since I'm getting a SocketException there that
isn't being handled.

--- Jonathan Carlson <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am getting an intermittent SocketException: Connection
> reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read
>
> It only happens on one of the URLs I'm monitoring and it
> doesn't happen all the time.
>
> Any suggestion on what this might be or how I might debug
> it?  I'm also wondering if maybe this is something that
> Http Client could be handling better.
>

>  java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer:
> JVM_recv in socket input stream read
> at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
> at

java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
> at

java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:102)
> at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.readLine(HttpConnection.java:465)
> at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine(HttpMethodBase.java:997)
> at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(HttpMethodBase.java:968)
> at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:479)
> at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:320)
> at

com.katun.webmon.RequestRunnable.execute(RequestRunnable.java:110)
> at
> com.katun.webmon.TimedRunnable.run(TimedRunnable.java:58)
>

> =====
> Jonathan Carlson
> joncrlsn@users.sf.net
> Minneapolis, Minnesota