Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Marcin Gurbisz <gu...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 09:36:42 UTC

Error caused by cvs "it is in the way"

Hi all,

I have a problem that continouum shows build error via web interface
but no email is sent via registed notifier:
These are the steps that leads to that:
1) During cvs update there is a problem:
cvs update: move away
mvifp-modules/mvifp-gpf/src/java/de/coconet/neander/reporting/format/swift/Mt942Format.java;
it is in the way
2) Continoum reports:
113688006 [Thread-1] ERROR
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController  - Error
while building project.
javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Insert request failed: INSERT INTO
SCMRESULT (SCMRESULT_ID,COMMAND_OUTPUT,MODEL_ENCODING,"EXCEPTION",SUCCES
S,COMMAND_LINE,PROVIDER_MESSAGE) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
        at org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.InsertRequest.execute(InsertRequest.java:338)
NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
ERROR 22001: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink
VARCHAR 'cvs server: cannot open directory
/cvs/mvifp/mvifp-modules/c&' to
length 1024.
3) As a result error is shown on "Continouum projects" page but there
is no corresponding entry on "Build results" page and no notification
is send.

Should I report it as a bug in jira?

Cheers,
Marcin

Re: Error caused by cvs "it is in the way"

Posted by pfuschi <m....@teleware-its.de>.
Hi,
Is this bug fixed? What is the Bug ID?

I have the same bug with 1.1 final again, with a little difference.
The cvs error are lots of "is no longer in the repository" and "it is in the
way"

>From the logs:
9638342 [Thread-6] ERROR
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskQueueExecutor:build-project  -
Error executing task
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
javax.jdo.JDOFatalUserException: Attempt to store value "cvs server: [lots
of cvs output]

" in column "COMMAND_OUTPUT" that has maximum length of 1024. Please correct
your data!
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.getResult(FutureTask.java:299)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:118)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.waitForTask(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:159)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:127)
Caused by: javax.jdo.JDOFatalUserException: Attempt to store value "Lots of
cvs output"
in column "COMMAND_OUTPUT" that has maximum length of 1024. Please correct
your data!
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.mapping.CharRDBMSMapping.setString(CharRDBMSMapping.java:214)
	at
org.jpox.store.mapping.SingleFieldMapping.setString(SingleFieldMapping.java:203)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.fieldmanager.ParameterSetter.storeStringField(ParameterSetter.java:122)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.providedStringField(StateManagerImpl.java:2757)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.model.scm.ScmResult.jdoProvideField(ScmResult.java)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.model.scm.ScmResult.jdoProvideFields(ScmResult.java)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.provideFields(StateManagerImpl.java:3115)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.InsertRequest.execute(InsertRequest.java:252)
	at org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.insert(ClassTable.java:2519)
	at org.jpox.store.StoreManager.insert(StoreManager.java:920)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.internalMakePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:3667)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.makePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:3646)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1198)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistentInternal(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1243)
	at
org.jpox.store.mapping.PersistenceCapableMapping.setObject(PersistenceCapableMapping.java:450)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.fieldmanager.ParameterSetter.storeObjectField(ParameterSetter.java:144)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.providedObjectField(StateManagerImpl.java:2771)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.BuildResult.jdoProvideField(BuildResult.java)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.BuildResult.jdoProvideFields(BuildResult.java)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.provideFields(StateManagerImpl.java:3115)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.InsertRequest.execute(InsertRequest.java:252)
	at org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.insert(ClassTable.java:2519)
	at org.jpox.store.StoreManager.insert(StoreManager.java:920)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.internalMakePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:3667)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.makePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:3646)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1198)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistent(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1261)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.PlexusJdoUtils.makePersistent(PlexusJdoUtils.java:175)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.makePersistent(JdoContinuumStore.java:1000)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.addBuildResult(JdoContinuumStore.java:438)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.makeAndStoreBuildResult(DefaultBuildController.java:715)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.checkScmResult(DefaultBuildController.java:821)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:122)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:176)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Greetings
Manuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.