Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Erik Beijnoff <er...@beijnoff.com> on 2004/09/22 10:11:51 UTC

Mail ends up in address-error even when own matcher is used

Greetings. Pardon me if this question has been asked before, but I did try
to find an answer on the James web site, no luck though.

I'm trying to use James as a generic mail processor. For this purpose I've
created a few matchers that handles every email that is sent to James. This
also means that there are no accounts at all defined whatsoever. A mail
address usually looks something like this:
[taskName]-[identifier]@somewhere.com. I noticed that although the Matchers
catches every mail, each mail still ends up in the address-error folder.
Therefore I've commented out the part of config.xml shown below. That seems
to solve the problem.

<mailet match="HostIsLocal" class="ToProcessor">
     <processor> local-address-error </processor>
     <notice>550 - Requested action not taken: no such user here</notice>
</mailet>

Is this the right thing to do or am I creating unwanted side effects when
doing so?

Regards
Erik Beijnoff
Karolinska Institutet