Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ptriller <pt...@soapwars.de> on 2007/05/27 15:35:17 UTC

Re: How do I put Resource Reference in openejb-jar.xml?

Well,  that solves the problem, but I am deploying quite a number of
EJBs in my app, (namely MDBs listening to a Topic) and I really would
like to avoid to have to map the same resource 20 times. Is there
any "global" mapping possible as it is in the geronimo-web.xml ?

Thanks

Peter

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On May 27, 2007, at 6:35 AM, ptriller wrote:

> Well,  that solves the problem, but I am deploying quite a number of
> EJBs in my app, (namely MDBs listening to a Topic) and I really would
> like to avoid to have to map the same resource 20 times. Is there
> any "global" mapping possible as it is in the geronimo-web.xml ?

David Blevins may have introduced something like this for OpenEJB3 in
geronimo trunk, I'm not sure. There's nothing like this in geronimo
1.x.  However if you name the resource the same as the resource-ref
you can just leave out the resource-ref in the geronimo plan.

That is,

       <resource-ref>
                   <ref-name>jdbc/MyFooDataSource</ref-name>
                   <resource-link>jdbc/MyFooDataSource</resource-link>
       </resource-ref>

can be omitted.

thanks
david jencks