Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gaston Huot <Ga...@huot.me> on 2014/11/25 21:48:42 UTC

Installing Ofbiz on Ubuntu

I'm in a process of testing a few open source ERP for a client.

Yesterday I installed odoo without any problem (well, almost ...) because
there were some really good (recent and tested) tutorials.
Today, after may hours, I'm still trying to install Ofbiz.

I know that is probably my fault (because I haven't used the right
procedure). That's why I would like to know if a recent and tested tutorial
exists for installing and running Ofbiz on the Ubuntu platform, and if yes,
could someone recommend the appropriate site where  it would be available ?

Thanks,

Gaston
Montreal, Qc

Re: Installing Ofbiz on Ubuntu

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Please read the README file in the ofbiz root directory?

Posted by Sanjeev Gupta <su...@sanjeevg.com>.
What's the process you've been following ?
Is there a specific step that you're stuck with ?
If you can be a bit specific, it'll be easier to help ..

-----
Rgds
Sanjeev Gupta
Digital Web Advisors
www.digitalwebadvisors.com

Re: Installing Ofbiz on Ubuntu

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Adrian, I wanted to say it also.

You should use load-extseed ALONE when you want to load ONLY your extseed data...
Another possibility is to use ant load-file to load data ONLY from a specific file

Jacques

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Jyoti,

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@tcs.com>.
Hi Gaston,
I am sure you must be referring below document -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Demo+and+Test+Setup+Guide

Then following would also help you in exploring-
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-purpAndGoal

If you are blocked at any specific point let community know.

--
Thanks & Regards
Sumit Pandit

I'm in a process of testing a few open source ERP for a client.

Yesterday I installed odoo without any problem (well, almost ...) because
there were some really good (recent and tested) tutorials.
Today, after may hours, I'm still trying to install Ofbiz.

I know that is probably my fault (because I haven't used the right
procedure). That's why I would like to know if a recent and tested tutorial
exists for installing and running Ofbiz on the Ubuntu platform, and if yes,
could someone recommend the appropriate site where  it would be available ?

Thanks,

Gaston
Montreal, Qc
and any attachments. Thank you