Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/09 00:11:46 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ODE 1.3.6 release

Hi ODErs,

I've cut a release for ODE 1.3.6 and deployed it to a staging directory.
Please download the distributions from

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheode-118/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-war/1.3.6/apache-ode-war-1.3.6.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheode-118/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-jbi/1.3.6/apache-ode-jbi-1.3.6.zip

and cast your votes.

Here is my +1.

The release contains 42 bug fixes and improvements. The most notable
improvements:
  - Alignment with ServiceMix 4.5.x
  - Show a warning if datasources/TX mgrs are not correctly configured
  - Upgrade to Axis2 1.5.6 / Rampart 1.5.2
  - Fairer job scheduling / more reliable under load
  - Namespace declarations are now retained correctly in assigns
  - Integer to string conversion in XPath 1.0 fixed (found via Betsy)
  - Foreach completion condition is now implemented (found via Betsy)
  - Termination handlers are now implemented
  - Some minor Betsy complaints (foreach boundary checks, partnerlink
    assignments, rethrow fault data) addressed

The list of tickets is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310270&version=12323509

I have tested the release against various scenarios. I've run the Betsy
compliance test suite and published the results at [1]. At [2] you can find
a run against ODE 1.3.5 for your reference.

I also ran the helloWorld example and a concurrent correlation test case
against both DAO layer implementations (OpenJPA and Hibernate) with Derby,
H2 and MySQL. The latter also passed a load test with 70 concurrent threads.

It would be nice if someone could run a smoke test against the last
ServiceMix version.

Looking forward to your votes and comments.

Thanks,
  Tammo

[1] http://people.apache.org/~vanto/betsy/ode-1.3.6/reports/results.html &
http://people.apache.org/~vanto/betsy/ode-1.3.6/reports/html/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~vanto/betsy/ode-1.3.5/reports/results.html &
http://people.apache.org/~vanto/betsy/ode-1.3.5/reports/html/

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache ODE 1.3.6 release

Posted by Stan Angeloff <st...@angeloff.name>.
I have been using the latest stable build [1] for a couple of weeks now and
our internal BPELUnit tests behave correctly. We are also seeing
improvements when using the Bitronix TM [2] (although there are issues with
PgSql that we are trying to work out).

+1

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/ODE-1.x/lastStableBuild/
[2]
http://sathwikbp.blogspot.in/2013/09/apache-ode-on-tomcat-7-with-bitronix.html

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
I have a done a round of few test runs with openJPA dao layer and feel it
is good.

Here is my +1

regards,
sathwik

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache ODE 1.3.6 release

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
True, thanks for putting that straight.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.