Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Jim Falgout <ji...@pervasive.com> on 2011/07/01 21:00:19 UTC

trouble building MR-279 branch

Hi,

I've checked out the MR-279 branch and am having trouble getting it to build. Any docs/blogs/notes around that may give some hints?

The build is unable to resolve the yarn-server even though I ran a "mvn-install" in the yarn source area to install it in the local repository.

Thanks,
Jim.

Re: trouble building MR-279 branch

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Anupam,

I think Jim is asking about building non-MR application masters using the
RM/NM. I think Arun has promised to post a design doc soon. In the meantime,
I'm just reading through the code and fixing little issues I come across
(e.g., https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2630 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2633).

Jim, what sort of app are you looking to build? I'd be happy to have some
company wading through the code.

Best,
Josh

Posted by Jim Falgout <ji...@pervasive.com>.
Thanks Arun, that's what I'm looking for. I hear you are working on a dev guide. I'm open to working with an early copy and providing feedback. Thanks.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Jim,

Posted by Jim Falgout <ji...@pervasive.com>.

Posted by Anupam Seth <an...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Jim,

[...]

# NOTE: in order to build on a Mac, you must also include the <code>-P-cbuild</code> option
# (e.g. <code>mvn clean install assembly:assembly -P-cbuild -Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true</code>)

Posted by Luke Lu <ll...@vicaya.com>.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/MR-279/mapreduce/INSTALL

> The build is unable to resolve the yarn-server even though I ran a "mvn-install" in the yarn source area to install it in the local repository.

Tell us at which step you're having problems.

__Luke