Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Phil Hewitt <ph...@enappsys.com> on 2004/10/11 12:05:21 UTC

Feature Request

POI HSSF is great, but, I have one feature request that would make debugging
code that writes formulas. Currently if I send a bad formula to POI it gives
me a stack trace that I recognise as meaning the formula is badly formed. If
the HSSFCell.setCellFormula() method could be modified to output the passed
formula string if a method it calls fails with an exception it would make my
life much easier because then I could see the problem.

Regards,

Phil

--

Phil Hewitt - EnAppSys Ltd
e-mail: phil@enappsys.com

This communication contains information that is confidential and may also be
legally privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please do not read it
and note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information therein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and then destroy
all copies of it.  This company accepts no liability whatsoever for the views
or opinions of the author in any matter not related to the company's
object.  EnAppSys Ltd reserves the right to monitor all e-mail messages
passing through our network.

Re: Feature Request

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
hmm how about taking a stab at it and posting it to bugzilla?  nobody
knows what the user wants like a user :)