Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Shere <ds...@steelerubber.com> on 2007/01/26 22:40:40 UTC

Order Entry

Is there a guide somewhere for end users that shows how to manage
orders, create, pay, ship, etc.?   I am playing with it now and seem to
be running into many "nope, sorry, you can't do that" problems.  I must
be doing something wrong.  These are my questions at the moment:

How do I mark an order as paid?  (an order that's been shipped and the
customer invoiced)

How do I receive payment for a COD order?

How do I mark an order as paid with a check?  (an order where the
customer is giving me the check at the time of sale, i.e. not an
invoiced order)

How do I create and order that is paid for with cash (or an anonymous
buyer?)

We sell on the web, and over the phone, and at trade shows, and we have
a retail counter, and we ship COD, and we have dealers who buy during
the month and pay for it all at the end of the month.  (*whew!*)  So we
deal with pretty much every payment situation under the sun.
--
David Shere
Information Technology Services

Re: Order Entry

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
David,

There is no step by step guide but you should have a look to http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBENDUSER
thoroughly

These are mostly  trivial things to do when accustomed to backend UI.

Jacques

Re: Order Entry

Posted by Ian McNulty <ia...@mcnultymedia.co.uk>.
Hey Jacopo. Thanks for drawing attention to the possibility of any
misunderstanding there.

Please read my statement again carefully.

I said IF David WAS able then I WOULD NOT have to. The logical corollary
of that is therefore that IF he is NOT able then I WOULD.

I said this clearly in as few words as possible and therefore find it
very hard to understand how there could be any justification for your
implications, your tone or your attack on my integrity and defamation of
my reputation and good name.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Ian,
>
> does this mean that, after one million of email you sent to the OFBiz
> lists - both complaining and promising to help the project - you will
> just seat down and get the work that others did (in silence and
> without publicly complaining)?
>
> Jacopo
>

> Ian McNulty wrote:
>> Great news. If you were able to do this at your company's expense
>> then I wouldn't have to do it at mine. Looking forward to reading
>> whatever you have as and when available.
>>
>> David Shere wrote:
>>> We'll be doing something like this for our customer service and
>>> shipping staff anyway -- I don't see a reason why we wouldn't be
>>> able to contribute it to the community either when it's done or even
>>> while it's in production.

mcnultyMEDIA
60 Birkdale Gardens
Durham
DH1 2UL

t: +44 (0)191 384 4736
e: ian@mcnultymedia.co.uk
w: www.mcnultymedia.co.uk
This communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) named above and is confidential. Any form of distribution, copying, discussion or use of this communication, its contents, or any information contained herein without prior consent is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender by email or by telephone on +44 (0)191 384 4736

This email has been checked for viruses, however, we cannot accept any liability sustained as a result of software viruses and would recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Re: Order Entry

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Ian,

Re: Order Entry