Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/12 04:38:46 UTC

[Feature]

Dear All,

I work in portlet customization for jetspeed, and find
there is a need for jetspeed to add a new feature,
that default.psml can manage the action (max, min,
edit, close). is there some one work on it?>

This <parameter> tag is best if implemented in xreg,
but I still don't know how to read xreg from
PortletConfig... may be someone can give me a detail
explaination... ;)

Yah I need someone explain how to read default.psml,
and portlets.xreg become pages.. plz..

How this script work?
Add <parameter> tag in <entry> tag in default.psml and
if the user login, the action button of that portlet
will follow the <parameter> value

Sample 1:
<entry >
<parameter name="_action"
value="customize,maximize,close"/>
</entry>

This will show only customize,maximize, and close
button only.

Sample 2:
<entry parent="HelloVelocity">
	<parameter name="_action"
value="close,minimize,maximize"/>
</entry>

This will show only close, minimze, and maximize.

Sample 3:
       <entry parent="HelloVelocity"/>

This will show all the button (close, min, max, edit).

I add several function to the Abstract Portlet, and
add class to several file:
- AbstractPortlet.java
public String[] getActionParameter(RunData rundata)
- StringUtils
 public static String[] getExtractString(String text,
String separator)
- and add parameter="_action" in default.psml.
<parameter name="_action"
value="customize,maximize,close"/>

QUESTION...
to who create a customization of 3 column or 2 colum
(75/25, 50/50. 25/70)

I cannot find the extract string class.. do you know
where is it?

Frans

=====
Empowering Open Source Spirit...
Open Source is Open Source. Shared Source is another thing.

http://im.yahoo.com