Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Mattias Jiderhamn <ma...@expertsystem.se> on 2002/08/06 11:11:21 UTC

Erronous stackTrace namespace

Hi all. I'm experiencing problems when using Apache SOAP 2.3.1 with JDOM
beta 8. Normally there is no problem but when something goes wrong there is
:-)

What I mean is that if the server throws an exception the client can't parse
the fault. Client says:
"Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Parsing error, response was:
An invalid second &apos;:&apos; was found in the element type or attribute
name."

If I look at the message with a tcp tunnel I find the problem:

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Exception while handling service request:
se.exder.api.WebShopApi.getContact([none]) not found.</faultstring>
<faultactor>/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
<detail>
<stackTrace xmlns:="">java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
se.exder.api.WebShopApi.getContact([none]) not found.
        at
org.apache.soap.util.MethodUtils.getEntryPoint(MethodUtils.java:135)

Look at the namespace of stackTrace, no wonder things go wrong.
The question is why this happens and how to fix it.
(Another thing is that it seems this doesn't always happen, but I haven't
seen any pattern in when and when not)

  Mattias Jiderhamn
  Expert Systems
  mattias@expertsystem.se

Re: Erronous stackTrace namespace

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
This is the same error as reported for SOAP 2.2
(cf. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-dev&m=101763353306086&w=2).

I will investigate and possibly patch as described at the URL above.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I have reproduced the error and checked a change for DOM2Writer.java into
CVS that works around the non-standard behavior of the XML document builder
provided with Resin 2.1.1.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Thanks for the info.  I will run with resin within the next day or two to
see if I can reproduce the problem.  If I can, I will commit a fix to CVS.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Posted by Mattias Jiderhamn <ma...@expertsystem.se>.

Posted by Mattias Jiderhamn <ma...@expertsystem.se>.