Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adam Mercer <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/11 16:27:47 UTC

Getting SVN E155035 after multiple updates of repository

Hi

I am trying to debug and problem with one of the repositories we host.
When you make a fresh checkout of the repository it seems to be
successful:

$ svn checkout https://hostname/path/to/repo/
<snip>
Checked out revision 1952.
$

if I get do into the repository and run "svn update", I get more files
being checked out, i.e.:

$ svn update
Updating '.':
<snip>
A    trunk/community_environment
A    trunk/community_environment/index-content.html
A    trunk/community_environment/subnavigation.txt
Updated to revision 1952.
$

and if I do another "svn update"

$ svn update
Updating '.':
<snip>
A    trunk/sp/css/master.css
A    trunk/sp/css/screen.css
A    trunk/sp/css/slider.css
A    trunk/css/screen.css
A    trunk/students_teachers_public/read-content.html
Updated to revision 1952.

i.e. more files, running "svn update" again:

$ svn update
Updating '.':
A    trunk/multimedia/gallery/lho-images/groundssnow_t.jpg
A    trunk/multimedia/gallery/lho-images/dcp_3659_t.jpg
A    trunk/sp/style/header.php
A    trunk/sp/images/encapsgallery/catalog_item.html
A    trunk/sp/science/outreach-content.html
svn: E155035: Cannot delete '/Users/ram/svn/repo/trunk/images' as
'/Users/ram/svn/repo/trunk/images/btn_next.gif' is excluded by server
$

Why would this file be excluded by the server, AFAIK we don't have an
exclusions in place.

I'm using svn-1.7.4 on the client and the server is running 1.4.2.

Cheers

Adam

Re: Getting SVN E155035 after multiple updates of repository

Posted by Adam Mercer <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> Are you sure there are/were no authorizations applied on your server for
> these files?

Sorry, I'm not that familier with SVN (the admin who setup these
repositories has since left). Where would these be set?

> If you just did a checkout and then an update, this should never happen. My
> guess would be that you have other problems, but it is hard to tell without
> a reproduction.>
>
> Some information on the authorization settings of the repository would help
> us get further in diagnosing your problem.

The repo is servered over https and we have the following in the httpd config:

<Location /svn/ligoweb>
        DAV svn
        SVNPath /usr/local/svn/ligoweb
        AuthType Kerberos
        SSLRequireSSL
        AuthName "This content is viewable by only LIGO/Virgo personnel. Please
enter your LIGO Directory name, e.g. albert.einstein, and password to continue."
        KrbAuthRealms LIGO.ORG
#       KrbVerifyKDC off
        Krb5KeyTab /etc/httpd/conf/ligo-vcs.phys.uwm.edu-HTTP.keytab
        require valid-user
</Location>

Is this what you mean by "authorization settings"?

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

The supported way of introducing server exclusions is applying
authorizations on directories in a repository.
(We used to call these nodes 'absent' before 1.7)

Are you sure there are/were no authorizations applied on your server for
these files?

You should only get this error if btn_next.gif was somehow not accessible
before your update and now the parent directory is deleted.
(And with a quick look through the code I think you also need a tree
conflict before you would get in this error. I will try to do some testing
in this direction later this week)

If you just did a checkout and then an update, this should never happen. My
guess would be that you have other problems, but it is hard to tell without
a reproduction.

Some information on the authorization settings of the repository would help
us get further in diagnosing your problem.

	Bert