Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Franck Lumpe <fl...@iberplus.com> on 2002/11/19 23:03:42 UTC

Cocoon Portal Sample - Failed to execute pipeline error

Hello everyone,

I use JDK 1.4.1 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + Cocoon 2.1 DEV Updated Head CVS on Windows
2000. Cocoon seems to be using the correct versions of Xerces, Xalan and
XML-Api (from the Tomcat endorsed directory).

Samples are running quite nicely :-) except for:

1) The XMLForm-sample error already reported by Wolfram.

2) The Portal Framework Sample: I  get an error 500 with

The org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode notifies
that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says: Failed to execute pipeline.

More precisely: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.: java.lang.NullPointerException

... (Full Trace after end of message).

Behaviour is that you get the error after you log in the Portal, and if you
return to the URI after you are authentificated, then you always get the
error (make sense). So at first it seems that its working but when you log
as guest or cocoon, then you get the error.

Question is:

1) Should it be working?
2) Or it is just that this area is Work in Progress (yeah I know its 2.1
DEV).

Help very appreciated.

Franck Lumpe
Iberplus Internet, S.L.

Original exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMBuilder.getDocument(DOMBuilder.java:178)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.toDOM(SourceUtil.java:172)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.readDOM(SourceUtil.java:420)
at
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.components.PortalManager.buildRoleProfile(P
ortalManager.java:3669)
at
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.components.PortalManager.buildProfile(Porta
lManager.java:1258)
at
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.components.PortalManager.createProfile(Port
alManager.java:3479)
at
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.components.PortalManager.showPortal(PortalM
anager.java:763)
at
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.generation.PortalGenerator.generate(PortalG
enerator.java:84)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLP
ipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:512)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:204)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs
tractProcessingPipeline.java:483)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri
alizeNode.java:149)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:85)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:166)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:85)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTyp
eNode.java:158)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:85)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:166)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:153)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:143)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:326)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:308)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
e.java:131)
[...]
at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1069)
at
FilterChain.java:247)
at
ain.java:193)
at
va:260)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
va:191)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2396)
at
)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
java:170)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
:174)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:380)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
at
a:533)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

RE: Cocoon Portal Sample - Failed to execute pipeline error

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
The only thing I changed from the CVS is the default xslt
transformer from xslt to xalan, because I think that there
are too many problems with xsltc right now.

Carsten

Posted by Franck Lumpe <fl...@iberplus.com>.
> An "over the desk" shout at Carsten reveals that the Portal is working in
> the current CVS version - so I am not sure what your problem is exactly.

> Can you repost the exact error and stack trace again.

> Matthew

Here comes the repost.

TIA

Regards,
Franck

_______________________________

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Thursday, Nov 21, 2002, at 14:59 Europe/London, Carsten Ziegeler
wrote:

> Sorry to say this -

I am glad you did ;)

> but I just did a clean checkout and build
> the webapp with JKD 1.4 and run this with JDK 1.4 and Tomcat 3.3
> using w2k - and what should I say: without any problems.
>
> So I guess it's rather something with your setup.

Carsten,

Many thanks, at least I know it is working somewhere!

It was strange, because I did not change my working setup between two
builds, one that worked, one that not even Cocoon pages worked.

I'll try again

regards Jeremy

RE: Cocoon Portal Sample - Failed to execute pipeline error

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Sorry to say this - but I just did a clean checkout and build

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.

I was referring to the current 2.1 CVS version too!

I could not find any bug in Bugzilla reporting this problem.

Is the Portal Sample is supposed to work already, or is it still work in
progress?
<<
An "over the desk" shout at Carsten reveals that the Portal is working in
the current CVS version - so I am not sure what your problem is exactly.

Can you repost the exact error and stack trace again.

Thanks

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Posted by Gabriele Domenichini <ga...@fastmail.fm>.