Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 14:48:38 UTC

Solr Release Management Process

Hi;

I've asked the same question at dev-list but I could not get an answer.
This question is related to Solr contributers too and I wanted to ask it
here. solr-user list. My question was that:

"I've resolved 2 issues last week. One of them is created by me and one of
them was an existence issue. Also there is an 3rd issue that is a
duplication of the second one.

When I create an issue I have a right to edit Fix Version/s. I've written
4.6 for fix version of first issue. Second issue was not created by me so I
can not edit the Fix Version/s.

I just wonder and want to learn commitment process of Solr project. What
committers do before a new release process start? If they filter the
resolved issues that has a Fix Version/s of new release they will not able
to see resolved issues. If they filter the issues resolved since the last
release then they are not using the benefits of Fix Version/s section.
People have a right to edit Fix Version/s section when they create an issue
but does not have a right to edit existence one (ones are created by other
people)

There are many issues at Solr project and frequent commits every day.
Should I point the user at comments (with an @ tag) for such kind of
situations (I follow who is responsible for next release from dev-list) or
do you handle it yourself (as like how you handled it since this time).

I just wanted to learn the internal process of release management."

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Solr Release Management Process

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi;

I've unsubscribed you from mail list. Here is the wrong place to send an
unsubscribe request. For such kind of purposes instructions are here:

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Mamta Alshi <ma...@gmail.com>.