Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com> on 1997/01/28 15:06:46 UTC

Re: [BUG]: "Problem with ProxyRemote directive" on Solaris 2.x

Hmm. Is the Squid cache running on www-cache.uni-siegen.de?

This may be a double problem. Apache should be sending 'GET /' with a
Host: www.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de to www-cache.uni-siegen.de:3128. It
sounds like ProxyPass is doing something funny, and also that Squid
may not understand the Host: header. I'll look at this.

sfx@sinfo.hrz.uni-siegen.de liltingly intones:

> Submitter: sfx@www.uni-siegen.de
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2b6
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> I have the following directives in my httpd.conf
> (as a test entry):
>
>  ProxyRequests On
>  ProxyRemote http http://www-cache.uni-siegen.de:3128
>  ProxyPass /test http://www.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de/
>
> The 'www-cache.uni-siegen.de' is a Squid Proxy.
>
> When I access the page "/test/" I get an error message from the Squid cache,
> because the Apache send the request "GET /test/" instead of
> "GET http://www.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de/" to the Squid cache.
> Using a "RewriteRule" instead of "ProxyPass" gives the same result.
>
> (Apache is only configured to proxy request, the caching
>  feature is disabled.)
>

> --
>
> Backtrace:

chuck