Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2009/11/24 00:58:52 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] [SOLVED] strange random delays in a proxy configuration

André Warnier wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> A customer of ours have an internal Apache 2.2 server
Never mind, I believe we found the problem, and it has nothing to do
with the network or Apache or proxying per se.
Sorry to have wasted your time if I did.

It seems to be the application that is misbehaving, reloading some big
table in each Apache child from time to time, when it has no reason to.
That explains why the pattern seemed random too, because when it happens
depends on how many requests are sent by each client and directed to
which Apache child, and the settings of MaxKeepAliveRequests and so on
with which I have been fiddling in attempts to circumscribe the issue.