Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Morten Andersen <mo...@mip.sdu.dk> on 2004/11/17 15:59:46 UTC

Implementing Realm

I've implemented my own simple Realm that should make it possible to store
user and passwords in one file and user-roles in another plus make it
possible to change these while tomcat is running.
So basically it should be straight forward to implement it, but I find it
very difficult to find descent documentation on how to make it work with
tomcat.

I changed the realm in server.xml:

<Realm className="org.mortena.projectManagement.DynamicRealm" debug="99"/>

Added the neccesary jar files to: server\lib
and started tomcat.

I get the error: "Can't create mbean instance" or something similar.

As I then go to a restricted area on one of the webapps (like: manager) I
get an empty screen.

Can anyone guide me to an article on how to implement and deploy a Realm...

Thanks

Morten Andersen
Master of applied mathematics and computer science
Associate professor

The Maersk Institute of Production technology at Southern Danish University
www.mip.sdu.dk
Campusvej 55
DK-5230 Odense M
Denmark