Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Alex Karpus <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/26 20:43:41 UTC

JMeter Integration

Hi all,

I have a vast performance related Java framework into which I want to
integrate JMeter.
However from investigation it has become apparent that because JMeter comes
split into many different JARs and relies on quite a few internally hard
coded lib location paths, it is not possible to bundle it into a self
contained JAR.

Ideally I was looking to simply include JMeter as a library in my framework
and have my framework programmatically launch JMeter, as well as interpret
results etc.
Anybody have any suggestions as to how that might be achieved, if it is even
possible?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Re: JMeter Integration

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31/03/2008, Alex Karpus <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess that what I will have to implement as well.
>
>  Though I was looking at the "Summary Report" listener and I like the summary
>  information it displays (Average, Min, Max, ... Error, ... etc). However
>  when I turn on the log feature for that listener, it logs the individual
>  results for each test thread.

Yes, JMeter always stores the same data.
It would not make sense to log summary data anyway until the end of a test.

>  Is there any way to make it log just the data (already summarized) that it
>  displays in the GUI?

No, but you can copy and paste from the GUI at the end of the run.
The next release of JMeter has a button to make this simpler.

Re: JMeter Integration

Posted by Alex Karpus <ka...@gmail.com>.

RE: JMeter Integration

[...]

Express advises that this email and any attached files should be scanned to

Re: JMeter Integration

Posted by David Brown <da...@davidwbrown.name>.
Maybe if your framework could be used as a NetBeans so-called module or an Eclipse plugin. JMeter seems to be included with the latest NetBeans (6.0.1?). I haven't looked at JMeter as an Eclipse plugin as I always run JMeter from the command-line. Maybe you could just supply skeletal JMX samplers with your framework. HTH.

Alex Karpus wrote ..