Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Emanuele D'Arrigo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/21 19:02:33 UTC

Batik in MediaWiki

Hi everybody, newbie typing from London, UK, here...

I've been trying to use Batik (1.7) to convert SVG to PNG
in MediaWiki. Unfortunately the conversion process returns
an empty string and a -1 return value and nobody in the
mediawiki-l or wikitech-l lists seem to have an answer for
it.

I'm also fairly confident that this is -not- a batik-related
problem. The same error message occurs using Inkscape
for the conversion. But I thought maybe somebody here
did stumble across it, or has some knowledge of which
part of the process returns a -1: is it Java? Is it Batik?

This is the error message I get in the logs, inclusive of
the command that MediaWiki (allegedly) runs to do the
conversion.

thumbnail failed on myhost: error -1 "" from "C:/jdk141/bin/java.exe
-Djava.awt.headless=true -jar
"D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/MediaWiki/extensions/SVGextension/batik-1.7/batik-rasterizer.jar"
-w 180 -d "D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/MediaWiki/uploads/thumb/f/f8/SymbolWaitVote2.svg/180px-SymbolWaitVote2.svg.png"
"D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/MediaWiki/uploads/f/f8/SymbolWaitVote2.svg" 2>&1"

Any suggestion on how to solve or debug this further would
be much appreciated, otherwise I'll have to say goodbye to
SVG support in our mediawiki installation. =(

Thank you.

Manu