Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Diogo Fernando Veiga <ve...@inf.ufsc.br> on 2002/10/30 20:05:44 UTC

Schemas at Xindice

Are there any information about using schemas over collections in
XIndice, in future versions?

Thanks,

Diogo Fernando Veiga
Federal University of Santa Catarina
SC, Brazil

Re: Schemas at Xindice

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 12:05  PM, Diogo Fernando Veiga
wrote:
> Are there any information about using schemas over collections in
> XIndice, in future versions?

Schemas are bound to the document in which they're referenced, and can
be processed independently of a collection context.  Are you suggesting
constraining a collection to documents of a specific schema or schemas?

The problem I see with this is that we then become married to XML
Schemas, which many people still have 'issues' with.  I'd prefer the
database remain schema-independent, and to allow the developer to
decide which schema/validation language they want to employ at the
application level, at least for the time being.

--
Tom Bradford
Chief Technology Officer