Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by amit <am...@realityinfo.com> on 2001/06/06 15:19:06 UTC

Taglib error in Tomcat3.2.2

Hi All,

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.2(Release version)  &  Sun  J2SE JDKv1.3
My JAVA_HOME , TOMCAT_HOME Env. variables are properly set.
Classpath contains : servlet.jar,jasper.jar from TOMCAT_HOME\LIB
and tools.jar from JAVA_HOME\LIB
Also I hv put the required jar file of taglib in the LIB directory of the
application.

Now when I try to invoke a  page which uses a taglib , then I get following
Exception.
I would be grateful if someone would like to put some light the matter.

**************
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagExtraInfo
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:508)

Root cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagExtraInfo
**************

Thanks & Regards,
-Amit
E-Mail:amitrb@indiainfo.com
Sansui Software Pvt. Ltd.,Pune

RE: Problem installing Servlets on Tomcat

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com>.
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorld is probably the correct
link...

Mvgr,