Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/09 11:18:31 UTC

Re: Different behaviour of SVGGraphics2D with same program on similar machines

Hi oroadfc,

> But try the same program, same batik version, same java version (1.6) on my
> home machine (standard win xp box again) and it outputs one big bitmap blob
> to the svg file...

You don't state which Batik version this occurred in! Also without at
least a screenshot of the problem it's really hard to guess on what's
happening... Right? ;-)

Also, you haven't stated if this is reproducible every time or
sometimes, attach a test case, etc....

Please consider reading a bit on how to better report issues [1]. :-)

> What could cause this?

A shoot in the dark makes me suggest you double check versions:
 * Batik's;
 * Java ("1.6" for itself is not enough, the full output of 'java
-version' can be useful; mine is "1.6.0_16", for example);
 * Graphics adapter driver (can be checked in "Control Panel",
"System" option, "Hardware" tab, "Device Manager" button and crawling
to the "Display adapters" sub-tree, right click on the graphics
adapter and choose "Properties", "Driver" tab);

Hope this helps,
  Helder

[1] http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html