Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nick Winger <ni...@vanguard.at> on 2002/01/23 10:15:52 UTC

Please help...

hi !

i have three questions using fop  ( with tables ):

1. i want to generate a pdf dynamically using java. now first i write a
dynamically fo file (formatted objects):

    on the pages there is always a text ( form start to the middle of the
page) and below ( the other half os the page)
    an image:
    now when i write the text in java:
    how can i recognize when i reach the half of the page ?
    should i divide the half page points with the font-height and count the
rows ?

2. is it possible to have two different font-sizes in one column of a table
?

3. can i turn the bottom cell line (border) of a cell off ?

greetings

Nick Winger

(Software-Developer)

AW: Please help...

Posted by Nick Winger <ni...@vanguard.at>.
how do i get an image in the footer ? how is the footer and header adressed
?

thanks
nick

At 9:15 am +0000 23/1/02, Nick Winger wrote:
>hi !
>

>i have three questions using fop  ( with tables ):
>
>1.  i want to generate a pdf dynamically using java. now first i write a
>    dynamically fo file (formatted objects):
>
>    on the pages there is always a text ( form start to the middle
>    of the page) and below ( the other half os the page) an image:
>    now when i write the text in java:
>    how can i recognize when i reach the half of the page ?
>    should i divide the half page points with the font-height and
>    count the rows ?

I don't think that FOP can do this. Would you get what you wanted if
you put the image in a footer. I doubt that counting the rows is the
way to go.

>2.  is it possible to have two different font-sizes in one column of a
>    table?

Yes.

>3.  can i turn the bottom cell line (border) of a cell off ?

I don't know.

Ben.

Re: Please help...

Posted by ewitness - Ben Fowler <bf...@ewitness.co.uk>.
At 9:15 am +0000 23/1/02, Nick Winger wrote:
>hi !
>

>i have three questions using fop  ( with tables ):
>
>1.  i want to generate a pdf dynamically using java. now first i write a
>    dynamically fo file (formatted objects):
>
>    on the pages there is always a text ( form start to the middle
>    of the page) and below ( the other half os the page) an image:
>    now when i write the text in java:
>    how can i recognize when i reach the half of the page ?
>    should i divide the half page points with the font-height and
>    count the rows ?

I don't think that FOP can do this. Would you get what you wanted if
you put the image in a footer. I doubt that counting the rows is the
way to go.

>2.  is it possible to have two different font-sizes in one column of a
>    table?

Yes.