Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Tali Garsiel <tg...@mercury.com> on 2006/07/10 16:40:24 UTC

problem installing producer

Hi,

I run into the following problem while installing a producer.

I have copied to tomcat (5.5.17) two war files:

1.	The producer
2.	A portlet

I have (manually) added the portlet details to the portlet registry.

When I call the producer (using WSRP4J proxyportlet consumer in another
machine) I get :

Nested Exception is

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet

          at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
.java:1352)

          at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader
.java:1198)

          at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:1034)

          at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:7
57)

          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:641)

          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:574)

          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:499)

          at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(PortletInvokerIm
pl.java:120)

          at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.render(PortletInvokerIm
pl.java:73)

          at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.renderPortlet(PortletContainerImpl
.java:119)

          at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.renderPortl
et(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:70)

          at
org.apache.wsrp4j.producer.provider.pluto.driver.PortletInvokerImpl.invo
keGetMarkup(PortletInvokerImpl.java:177)

          at
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.producer.driver.WSRPEngine.getMarkup(WSRPEngin
e.java:758)

Seems that the web classloader doesn't see the pluto1.01 jar!

I tried to put it on the "shared" directory but:

1.	If it's both in shared and the wsrp war I get an error about
illegal state (prepare not called)
2.	If it's just in shared I get errors from axis complaining he
can't find activation and mail jars!

Any idea ??

Thanks, Tali

RE: problem installing producer

Posted by Venkatesh Jayakumar <ve...@northwestern.edu>.
Hi Tali,

Try having the pluto jar files in the CATALINA-HOME/shared/lib and place the
activation.jar file (download if you don't have one) in the
CATALINA-HOME/lib directory. Make sure you don't have Pluto jar files in the
application library directories. It works for me.

Thanks,
Venkatesh Jayakumar

  _____