Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2006/11/01 20:11:25 UTC

Re: Spellchecker in Solr?

: #2 would be even better but as you said, its a lot trickier. For my
: needs, just a spelling suggester would be perfect. Would it require java
: programming, or could I get away with it with the current Solr (adding
: n-gram fields and querying on them)?

If you build the ngrams yourself external to Solr, and put them in a
field, and query on that field using grams built yourself from the users
input, then yeah -- Solr out of the box should work fine.

-Hoss