Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Daniel Rinehart <da...@ccs.neu.edu> on 2000/12/17 17:29:25 UTC

RSync Mirror Errors

	Just wondering if anyone is getting similar errors when mirroring
via RSync?

send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.Z.asc: Permission denied
send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.gz.asc: Permission denied

-- Daniel R. <da...@ccs.neu.edu> [http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/danielr/]

Re: [qmirror] Re: RSync Mirror Errors

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, jason andrade wrote:

[...]
> > to buy a Unix book for the Apache developers and/or the administrators
> > of the Rsync server, because those permission errors happen quite
> > often. ;-)
>
> cruel... but maybe a little true ;-)
>
> there's been quite a bit of permissions problems over the last few months.

yup. :-I

> it's also a bit sad that now that apache has split servers up, there's no
> way to mirror all of them and have a consistent web mirror.. i am noticing
> that more people are going back to just using apache.org and less for mirror
> use because of this.

we are discussing how to get this fixed.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - http://ask.netcetera.dk/

Re: [qmirror] Re: RSync Mirror Errors

Posted by jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>.
On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Andreas M. Kirchwitz wrote:

>  > send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.Z.asc: Permission denied
>  > send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.gz.asc: Permission denied
>
> Same errors here.
>
> One week until Christmas... maybe we should collect some money
> to buy a Unix book for the Apache developers and/or the administrators
> of the Rsync server, because those permission errors happen quite
> often. ;-)

cruel... but maybe a little true ;-)

there's been quite a bit of permissions problems over the last few months.

it's also a bit sad that now that apache has split servers up, there's no
way to mirror all of them and have a consistent web mirror.. i am noticing
that more people are going back to just using apache.org and less for mirror
use because of this.

-jason

Re: RSync Mirror Errors

Posted by "Andreas M. Kirchwitz" <am...@cs.tu-berlin.de>.
Daniel Rinehart wrote:

 > 	Just wondering if anyone is getting similar errors when mirroring
 > via RSync?
 >
 > send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.Z.asc: Permission denied
 > send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.gz.asc: Permission denied

Same errors here.

One week until Christmas... maybe we should collect some money
to buy a Unix book for the Apache developers and/or the administrators
of the Rsync server, because those permission errors happen quite
often. ;-)

	Gretings, Andreas

RE: RSync Mirror Errors

Posted by Sahil Gupta - NET4U <sa...@net4u.co.nz>.
What is wrong with the Apache people??
They never add my mirror to the main site!!

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <go...@wam.umd.edu>.
Yes I am