Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Eric Hamacher <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 15:36:58 UTC

tomcat update service failing

The following command:

tomcat5 //US//"Apache Tomcat"  --Classpath=C:\"Program
Files"\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\lib\tools.jar;C:\"Tomcat 5.5"\bin\bootstrap.jar

gives me the following error:

[410 prunsrv.c] [error]
The system cannot find the file specified
[1269 prunsrv.c][error]
Load configuration failed

Both the paths specified are correct.  It fails even without the quotes.
Any ideas?  Thanks.

--
John (Eric) Hamacher

Java Developer
Madison, Wisconsin
(608)-334-9260

Re: tomcat update service failing

Posted by John Eric Hamacher <ba...@gmail.com>.
I'm moving from 1.5.0_11 to 1.6.0_01, Tomcat version is  5.5.23.  Thanks for
all your suggestions.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: John Eric Hamacher [mailto:badgerduke@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat update service failing
>
> [2007-10-04 09:19:40] [947 prunsrv.c] [error] Failed creating java
> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

Spaces in directory and file names have been problematical; you might
try one of the following:

1) change the JVM location in tomcat5w.exe to
C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

2) reinstall the JDK/JRE in a spaceless path, and update the JVM
location correspondingly in tomcat5w.exe

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: tomcat update service failing

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
John Eric Hamacher wrote:
> Thanks for your help.  I am trying to upgrade Tomcat 5.5 from Java 5 to Java
> 6 but it didn't take:

Which version? The first couple had an installer bug that meant a key
dll was missing. I believe this is fixed in the latest version.

Mark

Re: tomcat update service failing

Posted by John Eric Hamacher <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.  I am trying to upgrade Tomcat 5.5 from Java 5 to Java
6 but it didn't take:

[2007-10-04 09:19:40] [174 javajni.c] [error] The specified module could not
be found.

[2007-10-04 09:19:40] [947 prunsrv.c] [error] Failed creating java
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

[2007-10-04 09:19:40] [1202 prunsrv.c] [error] ServiceStart returned 1

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by John Eric Hamacher <ba...@gmail.com>.
I'm trying to change the JRE the service is using. I cannot find
service.baton my system.  Is the part of Windows?  Or Tomcat?  How can
I change the JRE
using service.bat?   Thanks.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.