Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Larry Ridder <gl...@idworld.net> on 2014/10/18 02:21:46 UTC

Word Perfect (wpd) files in OO 4.1.1

Can no longer open wpd files.  In oo3.3 it was possible.  Is this a planned
feature elimination, or is there another way?

Larry Ridder  GLRIDDER@IDWORLD.NET

Re: Word Perfect (wpd) files in OO 4.1.1

Posted by Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>.
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Larry Ridder <gl...@idworld.net> wrote:

> Can no longer open wpd files.  In oo3.3 it was possible.  Is this a planned
> feature elimination,

The feature was removed as part of the conversion of OO.o to an Apache
project (as I recall for licensing reasons but I may be wrong) so has never
been supported by AOO.

> or is there another way?

The Document Liberation Project is now maintaining import filters for
WordPerfect; see
http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/17246/wordperfect-and-current-libreoffice/
for details. AOO does not incorporate their work but LibreOffice does.

S.

Re: Word Perfect (wpd) files in OO 4.1.1

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Larry Ridder wrote:
> Can no longer open wpd files.  In oo3.3 it was possible.  Is this a planned
> feature elimination

It is.

> or is there another way?

There are plenty of online converters; a popular one is
http://www.zamzar.com/

Regards,
   Andrea.