Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sambit Tripathy <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/27 06:57:14 UTC

HBase version

Hi,

I am going to install HBase on my beowulf cluster which has hadoop
0.20.203.rc1 for test purposes.

Which is the stable version of HBase that works along with
hadoop-0.20.203.rc1? Any experiences so far?

Thanks
Sambit

Re: HBase version

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Sambit,

Your best bet is to use an append-supportive release, such as Apache Hadoop 0.20.205 (or Apache Hadoop 1.0.0 which is a revision on top of that, out soon).

Do read http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop for explicit guidelines on selecting the right Hadoop version for HBase.

Without a proper sync API, HBase will not be durable at write ops, but will 'run'.