Posted to user@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/24 15:40:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Click 1.5.2 released

Hi all,

Click 1.5.2 has been released. This is primarily a maintenance release
but includes new features such as a plug-able security access
controller and improved Spring integration.

See the official announcement below:

http://click-framework.blogspot.com/2009/05/click-152-now-available.html

Enjoy.

bob

Re: freeform input from front-end

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

omprakash.v@polaris.co.in wrote:
>     Thought the same myself. Anyway, front-end is not priority right now.
> Thanks for the help anyway. Apache click's simplicity makes it attractive.
> Ajax support could be better and more simpler though.

Agreed, Click doesn't really provide Ajax support, however
ClickClick[1] does support it via a special Control listener object
which returns a Partial response. I'm also integrating JQuery Taconite
[2] support which allows multiple DOM updates per Ajax request.

Once 2.1.0 is out we'll cut an alpha of ClickClick for anyone interested.

kind regards

bob

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/clickclick/
[2]: http://malsup.com/jquery/taconite/

Re: freeform input from front-end

Posted by om...@polaris.co.in.
Bob,
    Thought the same myself. Anyway, front-end is not priority right now.
Thanks for the help anyway. Apache click's simplicity makes it attractive.
Ajax support could be better and more simpler though.

Regards,
V.Omprakash
Mobile: 99406 82346

             Bob Schellink
             <sabob1@gmail.com
                                       click-user@incubator.apache.org
             05/31/2009 05:38                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: freeform input from front-end
             Please respond to
             click-user@incuba
              tor.apache.org

omprakash.v@polaris.co.in wrote:
>       I am wondering if there's a solution to the below problem in click
> framework or any other framework. My user will have to populate javabeans
> in the front-end and post them to the back-end.
>
> Iam planning to have a form per bean or fieldset per bean. The form
fields
> will correspond to the javabean properties. The type of the javabean is
> however arbitrary and can be any bean.

Actually if you use the "form per bean" strategy you don't have to do
anything special. Form copyTo and copyFrom will work as expected so
this is probably the easiest way to handle this scenario.

bob

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polaris.co.in

Re: freeform input from front-end

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

omprakash.v@polaris.co.in wrote:

> How will I parse the user request and create the right number of bean
> objects in the backend and populate them with the values entered by the
> user.
>
> Do I build a string like
>
> numOfBeans=5&slNo=1^beanName=Customer^name=Mike^city=toledo&slNo=2^beanName=Order^orderId=c05^qty=100...
>
> and then parse it in the back-end or is there some other way.

Yes that could work although things would be quite complex, especially
if you can have multiple beans of the same type. You will also need a
custom implementation of Form.copyTo and copyFrom to be able to copy
values between Fields and JavaBeans.

kind regards

bob

[...]

Chennai One, Extn: 8112
Mobile: 99406 82346

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Click 1.5.2 released

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dian,

Click Framework 1.5.2 is the SourceForge branch of Click which is now
in maintenance mode. Changes to this code line be based on bug fixes.
New functionality will be developed in the Apache Click.

The next release of Apache Click is 2.1.0 RC1 at the end of this
month. The Apache Click 2.0.x branch will not be supported going
forward.  Please note Apache Click 2.1.0 is designed by enable SF
Click code and Apache Click 2.0.x code to easily migrate to it.

Apache Click releases will occur on a time boxed 2-3 month release
cycle, following the pattern of 2 months of development work resulting
in a Release Candidate (RC) followed by General Availability (GA)
release approximately 2-4 weeks after the RC release.

This will mean there will be 4 releases per year: 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 etc.

This will enable us to roll out new functionality fairly regularly,
and provide a good deal of certainty. As always there will be a high
priority on maintaining backward compatibility.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Posted by dian <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.